Veterinary Assistant – 2 Years Required
Come and enjoy the East Coast Lifestyle, but city living!
Metro Animal Emergency Clinicis located in beautiful Dartmouth; NS (known as the city of lakes) and we are looking for a Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing, diverse & and growing team!
Metro Animal Emergency Clinic was established in 1997 and is the only private veterinary hospital in Nova Scotia to exclusively offer emergency and critical veterinary care. Our member relationships with many veterinary hospitals in the Halifax Regional Municipality and surrounding area allow for experienced and immediate 24/7 emergency and critical veterinary care for pets.
This position requires a hard-working, energetic, outgoing, and friendly personality. You will be working in a team environment directly with clients, and with the other team members in the hospital. Computer and phone skills are a must, but the job also entails triaging emergency patients, animal handling skills, and a variety of other jobs within the hospital on an as-needed basis.
· Compassionate customer service to build client loyalty and trust.
· Ability to stay focused and be effective under pressure.
· Ability to work shift work that will include days, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
· Delivers exceptional client care.
· Creates a welcoming environment for patients and clients.
· Greets patients and their owners as they arrive.
· Responds to incoming emergencies.
· Answers and triages incoming telephone calls.
· Manages email correspondence including client and referral inquires, as well as internal messages.
· Maintains practice software including client and patient record management.
· Prepares estimates, invoices, and processes payments.
· Performs housekeeping duties to maintain cleanliness of reception and common areas. Ensures internal and external hospital cleaning schedules are followed.
· Admits and discharges patients.
· Coordinates and processes end-of-life care for patients and their families.
· Supports management of client complaints as required in partnership with the Practice Manager, interacting with clientele to deescalate, resolve, and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
· Follows all SOPs to support smooth hospital operations.
· Follows all federal and provincial animal health laws and regulations regarding workplace health and safety.
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental, and Vision care
· AMAZING discount
· And much more!!
All interested candidates, please apply online or submit your CV to Marni Hill - Recruiter for MAEC
MAEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disabled status, or genetic information. We are creating an environment for all qualified applicants, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Work Location: In person