Je travaille chez Myplanet à plein temps (Pendant plus de 3 ans)
- Great environment with lots of smart people around you.
- Open atmosphere and no corporate bureaucracy bullcrap.
- Small teams meaning everyone has opportunity to shine.
- Friendly and casual.
- Teams are self organized and has a great deal of freedom in what to do with their projects.
Overall, Myplanet is a great place to work if you're fresh in the industry and it sets the culture bar pretty high.
- Projects can sometimes get stressful and requires people to work overtime. However in such situations teams usually do so voluntarily, and any member unwilling to do so is understood, and no upper management will apply pressure due to the self-organizing nature.
- Heritage building undergoes various maintenance and repairs regularly and it can get noisy and annoying when it happens for months onward.
- Personnels can get yanked and moved around projects even in the middle of a project. The context switches can sometimes be very disruptive.
- Lack of general tech leadership, teams are like an independent working units that don't follow too much of a general guideline or share technology aspects.
- Being a smaller company, the benefits and compensation isn't at the top.
If you are an experienced expert in your field, place for growth is limited.
Conseils à la direction
- Establish more clearly defined tech leadership principles to guide the different teams to work more efficiently. For example Amazon's SOA approach. There are lots of repeating work between projects which is wasted resource.
- Get better at writing SOWs in some of the projects.
J'ai postulé via un recruteur. Le processus a pris 2 jours. J'ai passé une entrevue à Myplanet (Markham, ON).
Phone interview, which lead to an in person interview which included a Myers-Briggs test, and a problem solving excise. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.
Got a vague answer about not getting an offer, and after some back and forth it turned out that the Myers-Briggs test was the deciding factor.
Questions d'entretien d'embauche