Mission: Epic Games is in the business of creating fun games we want to play and building the art and tools we need to bring those games to life. We provide our engine tech to developers around the world, and consistently strive to stay on the cutting edge of our industry. We iterate to ...
We hire extremely talented and experienced people, and give them all of the resources they need to succeed in a structured but casual and open environment. We invite everyone’s input into the design process to make sure the best ideas win.
We keep the team happy and productive by giving everyone a say in choosing new team members. Our requirements for every position include a passion for making games and/or the technology that makes games, a strong work ethic and great communication skills that support giving and receiving constructive criticism. That helps all of us contribute to keeping Epic great.
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works once you have submitted your resume. Here is what you can expect from us:
Please submit your resume in English. If you are an Artist or Level Design candidate, you must submit a portfolio to be considered.
Thank you for your interest in Epic Games!
Mountains to the west, beaches to the east, and a vibrant city in between, bring young professionals and growing families to Cary, North Carolina. Cary is the state’s sixth-largest city and is located between Raleigh and Research Triangle Park, an area consistently ranked among the best regions in the country to live, work and play.
The Raleigh/Cary network of communities are an interesting blend of historic, tree-lined streetscapes and energetic urban life. Each has its own pace and influences, from walkable shopping and dining centers with a small-town feel, to the faster-paced entertainment districts where students and professors from seven area colleges and major universities contribute to the diverse mix of people and points of view.
Outdoor recreational choices are almost endless in this part of the Southeast, where four distinct but temperate seasons offer 220 days of sunshine annually. Take a weekend to bike or hike through the Blue Ridge Mountains or head for some of the country’s best beaches at the Outer Banks; both are less than three hours away. Closer to home, explore the trails and parks in Cary’s extensive greenway system, or kayak the local lakes and rivers.
Well-deserved accolades for the area touch on every aspect of the local quality of life, from the reasonable cost of living to favorable employment and housing markets. Families with children have access to an exceptional school system, with Raleigh ranked first among public schools with 300,000-plus people and Cary third among cities with a population from 100,000 to 300,000. Housing choices run the gamut from hip downtown condos, to outlying suburban neighborhoods. Education, health and government are the three largest industries in the area, which is also internationally known for thriving high-tech companies, including a concentration of more than 30 video game development companies.
Epic Games offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
Je travaille chez Epic Games à plein temps (Plus de 5 ans)
* Base salary on par or higher than industry standard for roles but in an area with a significantly lower cost of living that most games studios are located.
* Wonderful benefits/health care. Best I've seen in my career. Zero out of pocket for basic and most advanced health care.
* Company shares in profits with quarterly bonuses. Many of these bonuses have exceed base salary per bonus and when that's not the case, you're still compensated quite well.
* Driven and forward-loooking studio heads who want to keep pushing forward technology and the industry. Epic seems set up for long term success.
* Haven't seen mass layoffs for full time employees since I've been here and there doesn't seem to be any threat of this at all.
* Family friendly. Lots of families at the studio and Epic takes care of them with additional benefits and activities, which is a nice plus. I've seen Epic go above and beyond to take care of its employees/families on more than one occasion.
* While work can be challenging and demanding I haven't personally had any pressure to work exceedingly long hours. The quality of my work (and managing my own time and delivering on time) is more important than how many hours I've spent in the office.
* The company tends to make quick decisions and quickly change course. This is a strength in a lot of ways, but also means things can be rather hectic and work can be demanding. "Demanding" can be personal pressure to perform or time. This kind of environment probably isn't for everyone (but the compensation seems worth it).
J'ai postulé via une recommandation d'un employé. Le processus a pris 5 semaines. J'ai passé un entretien à Epic Games (Montréal, QC) en février 2018.
I had multiple in-person meetings and phone conversations, as well as a technical exam. The technical exam comes as a Word document with problems to solve. You can take as much time as you'd like to fill it up, within a week. Once you're through that, you'll meet their team for a technical interview, in-person. That was 4 groups of 2, including 2 groups in-office and 2 groups through teleconference.
Questions d'entretien d'embauche
Faites-nous savoir s'il nous manque toute reconnaissance du milieu de travail ou de l'industrie –