- Équilibre travail/vie privée
- Culture et valeurs
- Opportunités de carrière
- Rémunération et avantages
Following our win at the Alt Credit Fund Intelligence US Services Awards, we are thrilled to announce that we have won ‘Best Administrator – Client Service’ at the Alt Credit Fund Intelligence European Awards! This award recognizes Citco's continued commitment to providing excellent client services over the past 12 months. Congratulations to our team and thank you for all your hard work! #ACFIEUAWARDS #ACFIEU #Altcredit #TheCitcoWay #CitcoTeam #CitcoCommunity #CitcoAwards
We are proud to have been named the ‘Best Administrator – Overall’ at the Alt Credit Fund Intelligence US Services Awards 2020! Recognising companies that have demonstrated exceptional innovation, customer services and business performance, this award is testament to our team’s hard work over the past year. Congratulations and thank you to our brilliant team! #ACFIUS #ACFI #TheCitcoWay #CitcoTeam #CitcoCommunity #CitcoAwards
Our heritage, since founding a civil law notary practice in the 1940s to establishing the Curacao International Trust Company in the 1960s, is built on challenging paradigms and delivering exceptional service within the financial and professional services industry. Today, with more than 6,000 employees in 45 countries, we continue to pioneer award-winning services and technology solutions that meet ever changing markets.
The Citco Group’s commitment to investing in people, and proprietary technologies, has resulted in our reputation as the industry’s preeminent service provider, reassuring clients that their critical administration functions are in safe hands.
Our thought leadership and ability to quickly navigate complex change means our clients can depend on us as trusted advisors to make informed decisions in response to market conditions.
With 80 offices worldwide we’ve got global reach covered. Our continuous investment in learning and development means that our people are among the best in the industry. And our involvement in corporate social outreach programs provides a meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
We invite you to explore a world of opportunity at the Citco Group of Companies. Whether you stay for a while or become part of our international family, the Citco experience will stay with you for a lifetime.
Innovation has always been at the core of what we do at the Citco Group of Companies. From our company beginnings in Curacao, we have evolved as a business and developed innovative services and technology products to support our clients. Our entrepreneurial culture and commitment to service and technology development is our competitive advantage.
Our proprietary software platforms provide unparalleled transparency for clients’ critical information with the robustness and security that Citco is renowned for. Our suite of enterprise software platforms, including the industry acclaimed AExeo and next generation platform Citco One, attests our dedication to developing best of breed technologies alongside award-winning services.
Throughout our history we have continued to dedicate substantial resources and energy to ensure we maintain our hard-won reputation for innovation, security and service excellence. We continue to invest in emerging business lines and push the boundaries of technology development to enhance our service offering to clients of the Citco Group of Companies.
Citco’s hard won reputation as the world’s preeminent financial service provider has been achieved through investing heavily in employee learning and development. Recognised as thought leaders, Citco employees are some of the best the industry has to offer, and our success depends on our people being the best they can be.
Should you consider joining Citco, we want to give you the best possible support for your career with us. With over 100 internal courses covering everything from technical, commercial, leadership development, soft skills, and accredited training, Citco’s learning and development programs are best in class. We pride ourselves on encouraging employees to cultivate their skills and further their education in an environment that recognises continuous learning is essential for success.
One such program provided by Citco is the CFA accredited Claritas program. This globally recognised certificate program is provided to our employees and covers the essentials of finance, ethics and investment roles, providing a comprehensive grounding in the global investment industry.
By investing in your personal and professional development we offer the opportunity to work on complex projects across a broad business base, further your education, and advance your career in a challenging and fulfilling manner.
One of Citco’s long term competitive advantages is the calibre of our people. With over 6,000 employees across 80 global locations we are proud of the fact that we are one of the largest independent, privately-owned financial services firm in the world.
We foster a culture of innovation, integrity, and excellence that enables us to deliver the bespoke service and technology solutions our clients rely on to stay ahead of the game. We take full advantage of the diversity afforded through our presence in 45 countries worldwide and invest heavily in learning and development programs to ensure our people are among the best in the industry, upholding our reputation as thought leaders.
We’re proud of our involvement in supporting communities worldwide and strive to influence positive change through charitable and philanthropic foundations sponsored by the Citco Group of Companies. At grassroots level, many of our colleagues volunteer in skill and resource-based programs in local communities wherever Citco has a footprint.
Whether you volunteer in social outreach programs, or participate in a local office event for a cause, at Citco there are many ways you can pursue corporate citizenship in your community.
"I started out with the Citco Group of Companies in 2007 as a Fund Accountant servicing a diverse client group. This, coupled with a robust learning program and support from my team, gave me the opportunity to upskill very quickly as I had exposure to the full end to end NAV process from the outset. I felt supported by the people around me, and it was clear I could go further at Citco.
Eight years on and I’m a Senior Account Manager developing strategic client relationships from our Dublin office. Some career highlights include secondments in New York and London to work with clients and support newly established teams. Both opportunities were exciting and empowering, and have contributed massively to my professional development.
Throughout my employment I have received support for continuous professional development and also had the opportunity to volunteer within the local community through a learning initiative scheme, which is incredibly rewarding.
I find the culture at Citco to be collaborative and supportive, with a focus on continuous improvement and development. It also helps that the social scene is great, with frequent events, both organised and impromptu!"
Rosie Wilson, Senior Account Manager
"As EA to the Managing Director I see more of what Citco does for charities than most. While we donate to large charities, we always make an effort to support local ones helping families in need.
Whenever I visit these charities I'm always overwhelmed by the staff and their dedication to helping others. Knowing I’ve helped them in some way by volunteering my time, or organising a fundraiser, gives me a sense of achievement."
Michelle Kavanagh, Executive Assistant
The Citco Group of Companies has a presence in 45 countries worldwide. Consequently, the range of benefits depends on the type of role that is being offered in each country.
However, a career with Citco is about more than just the benefits. We’re committed to offering stimulating and rewarding career opportunities for our employees everywhere, and foster an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, integrity, and recognition. In addition to this, our blended learning programs provide employees with the technical and commercial skills that are essential for success.
You can expect that Citco companies offer competitive remuneration, best in class learning and development programs, and a comprehensive range of benefits in our locations. These will be explained to you at interview, or by your local human resources representative.
Je travaille chez Citco à plein temps (Plus de 3 ans)
1. Free beer after 5, breakfast every first Friday of the month, other food perks like cake and pop/juice/chocolate milk.
2. You do gain an understanding of how certain financial instruments work, which could serve you well if you either choose to grow at Citco, or move on to do something else in finance or accounting.
3. Very friendly work environment, at least in my experience of being with the company for 3-4 years. I've worked on a couple of different teams, and it's always been a culture of "take work seriously, but not yourself too seriously".
4. It's a diverse and younger office, so you'll get the opportunity to work with people from all over the world, and fellow 20 somethings.
5. There is opportunity for quick advancement, depending on your circumstances.
6. The Christmas party is always a legendary event!
7. Overall, from my experience, it's not a bad job for your first job out of university, if you are just looking to gain some easy experience early in your career.
1. Inconsistency between teams on overtime. Some teams work a minimal amount, while others are having an awful time. I do understand though that the nature of some clients makes this hard to balance. This could be due to size of clients, skill of teams, client responsiveness to queries, among many things.
2. I do feel like pay could be a bit higher, but if it keeps the outsourcing wolves at bay, whatever, I'll take that trade off at this point in my career. It also might help to outline more often the benefits we have as well.
3. Other teams that you have to deal with for various clients from other offices will likely drive you nuts, and may very well be responsible for late days of overtime or late work.
4. A lot of what I listed as "pros" are completely dependent on what team you end up on. I have been very lucky, but if you have a mediocre or poor manager, then you obviously may have a rough time.
5. Tasks can be a bit repetitive, and some of them feel either redundant, or the reason we do them isn't properly communicated.
6. I think ensuring people are ready to be people leaders before being promoted is essential, and I think this gets missed sometimes. Technical skill is great, but it doesn't make you a leader. Some people just plain don't have that ability, and that's ok, if they are in the appropriate role.
7. If you are a bit older/have family commitments, and are looking at a more entry level position such as an operations analyst, it might not be the right culture for you at this point in time.
Conseils à la direction
1. I do think there is a serious desire on a local level to improve things, especially judging from the fact that there are at least "HR speak" responses on here. But please ensure you pay attention to the feedback from the employee surveys just completed.
2. Continue to work on getting a more uniform company culture that challenges the need for "insane" overtime, looks at constantly improving processes/throwing away unneeded processes, and creates a positive environment that lets employees build their careers.
I applied online and received a telephone interview after a week. It took about 20 minutes for a telephone interview in the first round. The second round involves completing the assessment and interview. HR is pretty nice.
Questions d'entretien d'embauche